Our mission at Hollandale Christian School is to provide a Bible-based, Christ-centered education that develops academically prepared young people who embrace Christ’s call to transform the world.
Hollandale Christian School is now Kindergarten -8th grade. The school was founded in 1950 by parents who wanted their children to have a distinct Christian education. Initially, the school was located in a small brick building in the center of Hollandale. There were 2 teachers and 35 students. One teacher taught grades 1-4 and the other taught grades 5-8. In the late '70s Kindergarten was added and for a time parent volunteers holding teaching certificates taught the class. In 1980, the school purchased the building that had been occupied by the Hollandale Public school when it closed due to district consolidation. This move enabled the school to accommodate more students. Today there are 13 full or part-time staff members involved in the education of our students. When HCS was founded students were from 3 local churches and denominations. Today there are a wide variety of Christian churches represented by the families. Students attending HCS come from the surrounding communities in Mower, Freeborn, and Steele counties.